Welcome to my blog! I'm an ESOL teacher and teacher trainer in the UK, and you'll find some of the websites I know about in this blog, and some suggestions on how to use them. Hope it's helpful.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Slide.com

I'm not sure that this is really very valuable for language learning, but it's a bit of fun and very easy to do!  You can go to the site and upload a few pictures to make a slideshow, as you can with other sites, but you can also put different effects on them



With these pictures, for example, I asked my learners to guess who the people were and to describe them. I then went on to a lesson about families.  I think that the puzzle aspect makes it that bit more engaging, and you can press the 'View All Images' button to see the images without them changing every second!   It's quite limited in scope but it's a nice little gadget to warm up a lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment