Welcome to my blog! I'm an ESOL teacher and teacher trainer in the UK, and you'll find some of the websites I know about in this blog, and some suggestions on how to use them. Hope it's helpful.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Welcome to my Blog!

Today I start a new project - the first time for me to write a blog.  I'm a little anxious as with any new activity, but if I'm hoping that my learners might be abe to take advantage of this technology, then I'd better be able to use it myself!

I'll be looking at a range of websites that may be useful for use in language learning and also in teacher training.  My background is that I teach ESOL to adults and run CELTA (initial teacher training courses) at Solihull College, a large college of further education, in the West Midlands.  I tell you this so that you'll see that  my viewpoint is going to be skewed towards adult learning in an environment where most learners have access to computers outside of the classroom (although some may have limited IT skills in the case of some migrants who come with little eduaction).  In the ESOL department, we don't have access to a bank of computers for lesson time use, but most of our classrooms are equipped with Smartboards.

This is the (lovely) building that I work in!

No comments:

Post a Comment